Ashley graduated from NSL in December 2013 and took and passed the bar in February 2014. Ashley has been practicing as an attorney with the firm since passing the bar in 2014. Ashley is proud to have become a partner at Gothard Waters in 2016.
Ashley received her BS degree in Political Science from Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) in 2006 and her Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) in 2007. After completing her MBA, Ashley went to work in project management for several years before entering the legal field professionally.
Ashley is from Tullahoma and moved to Cookeville in 2009 with her husband, Heath. Heath owns and manages Bluewaters Equipment, LLC, here in Cookeville. Ashley and Heath have two children, Nora Grace and Mason, two rowdy dogs, Boone and Roxy, and a cat, Snowflake, and are members of the First United Methodist Church in Cookeville.
In their spare time, Ashley’s family enjoys traveling, camping, and spending time with family.
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA), 2012 – Present
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association (TBA), 2012 – Present
- Member, Putnam County Bar Association, 2016 – Present
- President, Putnam County Bar Association, 2018 – Present
- President-Elect, Putnam County Bar Association, 2017 – 2018
- Secretary, Putnam County Bar Association, 2016 – 2017
- Member, Upper Cumberland Young Lawyers Association, 2012 – Present
- Member, Tennessee Lawyers’ Association for Women, 2016 – Present
- Board Member, CityScape, 2019 – Present
- Board Member, Jacob’s Ladder Preschool, 2017 – Present
- Campaign Chair, Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee & the Cumberlands, 2018
- Member, Cookeville Kiwanis Club, 2014 – 2018
- Member, Cookeville Christmas Parade Committee, 2012 – 2014
- Member, Jeans & Bling Committee, 2012 – 2015
- 2016, 10 Best for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Legal Counsel, Estate Planning Division
- 2018, Top 40 Under 40, American Academy of Attorneys
* Photo courtesy of Ellie Odom Photography