Ashley is a partner with Gothard Waters. Ashley joined the firm in 2012 and worked part-time as a law clerk while she was attending law school at Nashville School of Law (NSL). Ashley graduated from NSL in December 2013 and took and passed the bar in February 2014. Ashley has been practicing as an attorney with the firm since passing the bar in 2014. Ashley is proud to have become a partner at Gothard Waters in 2016.
Ashley received her BS degree in Political Science from Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) in 2006 and her Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) in 2007. After completing her MBA, Ashley went to work in project management for several years before entering the legal field professionally.
Ashley is from Tullahoma but moved to Cookeville in 2009 with her husband, Heath. Heath owns and manages Bluewaters Equipment Rental, LLC, here in Cookeville. Ashley and Heath have two children, Nora Grace and Mason, a rowdy dog, Boone, and a cat, Snowflake, and are members of the First United Methodist Church in Cookeville.
- Member, American Bar Association (ABA), 2012 – Present
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association (TBA), 2012 – Present
- Member, Putnam County Bar Association, 2016 – Present
- Secretary, Putnam County Bar Association, 2016 – 2017
- President-Elect, Putnam County Bar Association, 2017 – 2018
- Member, Upper Cumberland Young Lawyers Association, 2012 – Present
- Board Member, Jacob’s Ladder Preschool, 2017 – Present
- Member, Cookeville Kiwanis Club, 2014 – 2018
- Member, Cookeville Christmas Parade Committee, 2012 – 2014
- Member, Jeans & Bling Committee, 2012 – 2015
* Photo courtesy of Ellie Odom Photography